Comments submitted by some of our readers:
From Volume 4, Issue 9 of Pirene’s Fountain
You have great comments! I wish more magazines created a way to interact with readers like this. It takes a good connection and pushes it up a notch.
Gorgeous issue, beautiful website! and what a wealth of work you do, bring and share! So rich! Am eager to get back to delve into the many goodies! You can be proud of this work!
- Hello PF People,
Bravo! You've done it again. I always wonder when I click on the link for the new issue what it will look like and I am never disappointed, but it is not just beautiful packaging. The magazine has substance, with depth and breadth of content.
- I enjoyed reading the translations on the site. The art work complemented the theme perfectly with its maps, globes and compasses, but then, that seems to be a PF trait.
I think Pirene's Fountain does a great job showing how translations make interaction between different languages possible. Not only does it clear the channels of communication for the arts, but for the world as well. In this century, it is even more important that we all accept and understand each other’s points of view.
The care and attention to detail is apparent in every page of Pirene's Fountain. Everything is meticulously selected and presented. It is really quite beautiful and something one can sit back, relax and enjoy!
I've been keeping track of this magazine since it first came online in January 2008. I can't believe how it has grown and matured in a short few years. Hurrah to the staff and editors of PF who do such an amazing job, time after time. I love this translation issue with its sense of unity and humanity, and especially applaud the Japan relief project. Rock on, PF!
- Very valid, pithy, succinct, and on point.
- Pirene’s Fountain is a journal that consistently presents fine work.
What a beautiful issue. The showcase features are especially wonderful and I thought all the poems in the issue spoke to one another.
Way cool. thanks again!
- Pirene’s Fountain can be trusted to bring us some really terrific poetry being written these days in America and the rest of the world.
- There is a sense of richness and culture, of openness and humanity within these pages. I feel like this magazine opens its arms and welcomes you in.