Comments submitted by some of our readers:
From Volume 3, Issue 8 of Pirene’s Fountain
Pirene's Fountain is not only beautiful in quality and form, but also unique in offering a spectrum of poets from the most accomplished (like J.P. Dancing Bear and Dorianne Laux) to emerging yet hypnotic voices. Additionally, your guidelines and the general aura of the website are noble and generous.
It must take a great deal of work to sustain this aesthetic and wonderful journal, which is a true gift to the literary community on an international scale. A rare energy of camaraderie, positivity and healing pervades Pirene's Fountain. The synergy is right on.
- Hello. I discovered Pirene's Fountain via a poet friend of mine. At any rate, I've been a little bit obsessed with your site since receiving the link. The current issue is so full of language! Mueller's work especially left me in a tangle of both stunning admiration and extreme inspiration. Fantastic selections at your site.
- Wow! I love Linda Pastan. I enjoyed reading Mr. Lodge’s essay about her, especially his interview with Ms. Pastan. She said some interesting things and seems like a writer with a sense of humor. I liked the concept of “Traveling Light” and will look into ordering it from Amazon soon. Pirene’s Fountain is an exceptional literary magazine.
Greg R. Wolf
- Gorgeous, and filled with treasures—by friends and those new to me as well!
Thanks so very much for all you do with so much passion, intelligence, and grace—
- I'm just back from Italy and completely jet lagged, but I couldn't resist reading your new issue. It is really generous and perceptive, and I thank you for including me in your series.
Dear editors of Pirene’s Fountain,
I am very impressed with the quality of this magazine. To be honest, it has the professionalism
of a top rated print magazine and I love the fantastic selections of poetry, features and reviews, etc.
offered to the reader interested in poetry, literature and art.
- Terrific features on this site! Loved reading about some poets I love and some I have never heard of. Same with the actual poetry. Great stuff!
- So many ways to enjoy music, so many interpretations. Great exhibition of poetry—so many great poets, old and new. I enjoyed reading the reviews and interviews too, and after I read Lisel Mueller’s interview, I enjoyed her amazing poems even more. Linda Pastan is my favorite and I am ordering her new book! Thanks for informing the readers about it. I also enjoyed reading about Jim Moore, a new poet for me.
- Stunningly beautiful in every way! Gorgeous art and design to enhance the “music themed” poetry in the pages of this new issue of Pirene’s Fountain.
- Just a quick note to say how much I like the article! I think you did a terrific job...
- Oh wow--thanks SO much! I am incredibly honored and feel so grateful to be in such fine company.
Thanks mucho mucho again--
- I have enjoyed this issue very much. I loved the wonderful collection of varied pieces assmbled here; wonderful work.
- Pirene's Fountain totally rocks! You consistently put up brilliant issues.
- Dear Mr. Lodge,
First off, I just wanted to say how much I love your journal, Pirene’s Fountain. I came across it when I saw Kim Addonizio’s poem was selected for the best of the net from your journal. Once I entered the website and read through the pages, I was surprised I had not come across this great magazine. It is really beautiful, both in form and content.
Secondly, once I had started reading your magazine, I kept watch of all the features showcasing established poets. I just read your interview and feature on Linda Pastan. I read a couple of her poems years ago and remember I really liked them, but after reading your feature, I was really struck at what a great poet she is and I am definitely ordering her new book, Traveling Light.
Thanks for all your great work with the articles and interviews and for selecting some of the best new poetry in English. It’s a joy reading your magazine and its poetry. I hope one day I can be good enough to submit to your magazine.